Monday 4 November 2013

I Actually Did It! :D

Evening all

So, its the end of my 4 week challenge and I didn't buy food today.  I managed it £145/£150.  I am so happy, I cant believe I have done it.  :D

On a more low carb/healthy note, I have walked on both school runs as well as painted 2 coats on my living room ceiling and my food for today:

B - ham, cheese and tomato omelette
L - pork stir fry (I was given the pork today and the stir fry was one of the 1p ones)
T - stuffed cabbage with salad.  I only had a bit of salad as I really didn't fancy it. 

Stuffed Cabbage Recipe (taken but amended from Slow Cooker Saddo's fb page)

Fry off 250g beef mince, 3 onions, 3 carrots grated, a chunk of kohlrabi grated,  taco seasoning and some tomato puree.  Whilst doing that boil some cabbage leaves for a few mins.

spoon mixture into cabbage leaves. and fold over.

Put half tin chopped toms in bottom of slow cooker, add cabbage parcels then pour rest of toms over parcels and then grated cheese.

I cooked on high for 6 hours.

And here it is (I did use 1 red pepper as ran out of big cabbage leaves)


It was lovely, even the kids liked it (they had jacket potatoes with theirs as well).  I am defiantly making this again.  And the best bit is I have leftovers so that will probably be my breakfast! :o

As I said earlier I was given a few things today.  I got cabbage, sprouts, kohlrabi and pork chops, they are the farm foods ones which my friend doesn't like and I understand why.  So am thinking of slow cooking the lot tomorrow with homemade bbq sauce and making pulled pork, should be ok done like that :D

Did I mention I beat my budget by £5?  And yes, of course, tomorrow is day 1 of week one of another £150.  Wish me luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment