Wednesday 9 October 2013

Stew in Red Wine Sauce - Yummy

Evening all

Not spent any money today :D  Except for £1.50 parking to see the Banksy Exhibition at the Art Gallery - was not worth it!  Only 2 pictures by Banksy! :o

B - yogurt
L - ham and cheese salad
T - Stew in Red Wine Sauce

Stew in Red Wine Sauce - Recipe/Costing

Beef chunks - whoopsied to 79p
Mince (didn't look like much beef for the amount of veg I put in) - half a lidl half price offer 50p
Carrots - in freezer another lidl half price off of big bag 10p
Parsnips - bought the other day 20p
Kohlrabi - given it FREE
Onion - found at bottom of freezer 10p
peas - 3 bags for £2 in Farmfoods 10p
Green beans - same as peas 10p
Garlic - found in fridge when I cleaned drawer 10p
Red Wine Sauce - RTC 25p
Tinned toms - used coupon a while ago FREE

I then made soda bread to go with it for the kids (hubby wont eat anything in a sauce) that apparently cost 31p but was made with all store cupboard stuff I had in.

So cost of tea today is £2.24 to feed 4 of us with 2 portions set aside for my lunch tomorrow and Friday.  Cant beat that.  It was really nice and filling and my eldest ate twice as much as me! :o

Here is a picture of it after I put it all in the slow cooker:



I was also having a little think earlier about all my free stuff.  I mean the eggs and veg that I have been given.  These aren't totally free as I do give my friend stuff for it.  For instance in the last few weeks she has had 2 crocheted hats with another one on order.  So I suppose we are swapping rather than getting it for free.  Wonder if the butcher wants a woolly hat in exchange for a leg of lamb! lol

Sal x

No comments:

Post a Comment